Friday, December 16, 2016

Making My Papers

Good Friday (12.16.16) morning.  Today, I'm sharing one of my techniques I use for making my papers.


I’ve put this pretty much together in pictures.

To choose my color set, I visit websites that have color combinations and pick a set I like.  I doesn’t always end up the same colors as I use inverts and hue-saturation-lightness tools to arrive at completely new colors.

I make a lot of papers from this, and they are usually very colorful.  I also like using fractals.

You may grab any or all of the examples I use.

I made a basic color I liked, and then took it from there.


I used some special filters to arrive at the basic start of this creation.


This paper had three inverts applied.  Difference, luminance, and normal.  I then chose to change the hue, saturation, lightness (HSL).  I have a template set up for this with 10 examples to try.  On my template, I used 7 and 9.

To get the crackle effect, I used a filter from I.C.Net Software.  From there, I reduced the crackle to about 70% or so.

Here are the next steps.






Viola!  Done.

Let’s go on to my own FREE offerings today.  Just right click and save to your own computer.  Put a copy of my card in the folders you build, and you’ll always know where you got the graphics.  And, of course, it’s there for you to SHARE! SHARE! SHARE!


Just right click and save to your computer.  All graphics are made by me!

Today’s graphics are: Top:  Happy Birthday Card with Funky Punk Creature: Fun Punk, another birthday card without Fun Punk, and just the paper alone.  (These are already on the page, so just scroll back and grab them.)

The 2017 January calendar is below.  There is also one with Conan on it.  Last week, I posted Hello Friends with Merry Christmas for the holiday season, but thought you might like one to use for ANY TIME! Then you have a lady bug on a simple vine-like decoration.  Color it in or use as it is.  And finally, one last decoration for you to color in.  They are great when saved to your file on your computer, along with my card so you know where you picked it up), and then inserted into Word.  You can grab a corner and stretch it out till it’s the size you want; save it and print it off.  Now you’re ready to color!






This is the third week to post a gift tag and two matching papers.  This is one of my owls.




Okay!  That’s it for today’s graphics.  Use them with some pre-made cards and envelopes, and your cards will just take a minute to get together.

Remember to grab my card!

I’d appreciate any and all comments.  Please take a moment to leave one below.  And thanks!

Cj @ Grannies Print Shop.blogspot.com designs are to help grandparents and grown children reach out to those they love.  Closing the miles equal smiles (on their faces and in their hearts).  Make a connection again by sending a physical card so others will feel the joy of receiving REAL MAIL. Don’t let letter-writing and card-sending wither and die.  Keep it alive with the help of these graphics!  Enjoy!!!

You can also find me on Instagram at cj.hampton.  Thanks.

COOKIES ARE ENABLED PER BLOGSPOT; CONTINUE ONLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT COOKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment