Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Make the Most of Your Day

Good Wednesday morning, and let's make the most of your day.  I have 9 FREE offerings today, so check them out.



Do you a plan for getting things done each day?  Do you make the most of your day?

For me, it’s doing my art work.  Even when I was working, I got up about 1:30 am, as I left for work about 5:30 am.  I had about 2 to 3 hours to do indulge in my art.  It’s easier, though, as I came home tired every day, and was usually sleeping by 5:30 pm or 6 pm.

Now that I’m retired, it doesn’t matter when or how much I sleep.  I can nap anytime I like.

Since I started my “scrap a picture for each of my two granddaughters daily” project, it became the activity I didn’t want to miss.  So doing this first every morning was my goal!

In the beginning, I would text the pictures to them.  This caused my cell phone bill to go up.

Then I hit on making a family Facebook page and now I post directly there.  I do a picture for each granddaughter daily, but adding my family members to the group, I also do about 4-6 more pictures of someone else in my family group.  (My cell phone bill went back down.)

I have a lot of physical pictures, too, as well as the digital ones on my computer and phone.

One really fantastic thing that my oldest granddaughter introduced to her mom, sister and me is Snap Chat.

It’s a free program that allows you to send funny pictures of yourself to each other.  The program uses filters, and what I didn’t realize is that they change the filters from time to time.  So, if you use it, make sure you keep checking.

You can take a print screen of your picture or theirs right from your phone.  Press your home button at the same time you press the ON/OFF switch.  Snap Chat tells you can do this.

The thing with Snap Chat is:  it shows you the picture once or a video once, and then it disappears.  I don’t always get each one, but I get a lot of them. 

We had another fun time again last night snap-chatting pictures back and forth to each other.  It’s such a blast.

Here is an example of one of my pictures.
 
 
 
My daughter and granddaughters started the session that evening.  We had been watching TV, and we had our lights off.  I took this with very little light, and wanted it that way as I felt it added to the picture.  This program is a real hoot, so if you haven’t started playing with it, go get it!
 
I posted a lot of that first session in our family group.  Last night, as I said, we did some more.
 
While these are funny, the other thing about posting all my pictures to our small family group is that it caused my middle son to ask questions about my past.
 
He saw a bunch of OLD pictures, like when I was 2 and living with my grandmother, and he also saw some other family members, which caused him to ask lots of questions.
 
I had posted some of the information with the pictures right on Facebook, but people, even MY kids, don’t always take time to read the actual words.  Someday, when I am gone, I’m sure they will be scouring the page again, ready to drink in what I actually wrote.
 
Instead, my son texted me and said, “It’s been a while since we chatted.  Can we do it at 1 pm?  I texted back, “Would love it!”
 
Skype appointment made, and we talked for two hours.  That last hour was his many questions about relatives, and what had happened and when.  There were so many stories he didn’t know about.  By the time we stopped chatting, he said, “I wish I had recorded this!”
 
And that is really very funny. Why?  Because when my first husband’s mother came for a two-week summer visit, before she died, we had sat out on our patio one afternoon, recording all her old stories.  These are pieces of your history that you can only get while they are still here, living and breathing!
 
Doesn’t that feel like making the most of a day?  Oh yes, it does!
 
It’s the little projects that we start in our life, and eventually turns into something more.
 
So what it is that will cause you do something to make the most of your day?  Find a way to do it.
 
With that said, let’s move on!
 
So go ahead.  Download these free goodies at Grannies Print Shop to make your scrapping easier.  Just make ONE card, and send it out!  See how good it feels, and stand back and wait for the reactions!
 
And now, onto the REAL SHARING.  First off!  Here’s the picture of the pumpkin I tried to post on Monday, and wouldn’t post.
 
 
He’d be great on a Thanksgiving or Halloween card, right?
 
Below:  A quick frame I made my one of my granddaughters.  I put her name in yellow letters in the petals, starting at the far left, just below center, and worked them around.  You may need to place them differently is the name you are using is longer.
 

Below:  Base frame for my creation.  Accessories are below the base frame.


 
Below:  Decorated frame.




Below:  Make a couple of joke cards.  We all love jokes!


 
Below:  A card to let them know how you feel!




That’s it for the graphics today.
 
To make creating easier, you can buy blank cards with envelopes.  I use those from time-to-time, when I need a quick card in a hurry.
 
If you’d like to take the next step, and need tools to do it; look no further.  Go on!  Just right click, copy, save as, and start your journey today!  Put a smile on the faces of those you love.  Erase the miles between you.  It’s fun!  And now, it’s so easy.
 
 
Here’s my card to share, share, share with others!  And, thank you!


For ways to use these graphics, please check the first two weeks of posts.      

I appreciate any and all comments.

If you have trouble posting, try several times.  It took me a few times, and others have said that it was hard for them to post.  (You might also try right clicking on the comment to see if that brings it up.)

Have a terrific day, and see you Friday.
NOTE:  Sorry this posted on Thursday.  I had computer problems.  Thanks!

Cj at Grannies Print Shop.blogspot.com; designed to help grandparents reach out to their grandchildren, so that closing the miles equals smiles.  Make a connection again, and let your grandkids know you are thinking of them.  If you consider making a physical card, you are remembering how wonderful it used to be to receive REAL MAIL from friends and family.  It’s a dying art, so I hope you’ll help keep the tradition alive!

Also find me on Instagram at cj.hampton.  Thanks.

Cookies are enabled per BlogSpot.  Continue only if you accept cookies!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment