Friday, September 30, 2016

Are You and Your Family Ready for Fall?

Good Friday morning.  Ready for Fall?  What activities do you have planned?  (See 11 FREE offerings today to add to your scrapping!)


Fall has come!

When my kids were growing up, the big thing on our agenda for Fall was vacationing.  Prices dropped at that time, due to kids going back to school, and vacation spots not being as full.  We took advantage of this time to enjoy our family vacation.  And we didn’t have to fight the crowds.

But maybe you’ve already had your vacation, so that’s not on your list to do at this time of year.

When I was growing up, my parents had Wednesday night as “game night”.  TV was off, and we had a large Carom board which had a ton of games you could play.

When this week night was first announced, we were not that happy about it.  But once we began playing, it was so much fun, and we enjoyed it very much.

We also had “learning to cook” night.  My mother bought a cookbook for kids, and she would get the ingredients for one of the recipes, and we would cook together.  I actually enjoyed that a lot, and I kind of became the “official” cook in my later teen years.

If you’re looking for other activities, do a search to find something that might interest you.

This is not just for parents and kids, but a great way to pass some time for grandparents with their grandchildren.

Of course, you know, I’m going to tell you to keep the camera handy.

Not only is this a good way to create some scrapable memories, but it’s a great time to talk, and learn a little more about what’s going on in our lives.

I think this is so much more important now as we don’t always take time to eat around the dinner table like I did when I was growing up.

The same is true for breakfast, too.

We grab something for breakfast and eat on the run on the way to school or work.  For dinner, it’s a quick something before heading off to band or sports or some other activity.

Because we are so busy today, you have to make the effort to really spend time with each other.  (Turn your cell phones off during this time, and just focus on your loved ones in front of you!)

This week, I made some accessories to put on cards.  Or use them for “a quick card.”

The first one had something in it and it is ready to go.  The second one is left blank so you can use it to add what you wish.

Go on and download these free goodies at Grannies Print Shop to make your scrapping easier.  Just make ONE card, and send it out!  See how good it feels, and stand back and wait for the reactions!

And now, onto the REAL SHARING.  First off!  This is the blank for the lead in picture at the top for today.  See below.










This last one below is for the weekend!



That's if for the graphics today.  If you buy some ready-made cards and envelopes, half the battle is done.  Just add these graphics.  I like to print them out and paste onto cutup cereal boxes to get the firmness and last-ability.

Just right click and save to your own computer.  All graphics made by me.  Here's my card to share with others!  And thanks!


For ways to use these graphics, please check the first two weeks of posts.      

I appreciate any and all comments.

If you have trouble posting, try several times.  It took me a few times, and others have said that it was hard for them to post.  (You might also try right clicking on the comment to see if that brings it up.)

Have a terrific weekend, and see you Monday. (NOTE:  My blog is run through my personal email on Internet Explorer.  Tomorrow my son is coming over to hook me up so everything goes through Google Chrome and my gmail account.  Unfortunately, gmail doesn’t recognize my blog.  I’m hoping my son can figure all this out, and hopefully, I WILL be back Monday.  If not, I may have to end this blog and start a new one.  Fingers are crossed.)

Cj at Grannies Print Shop.blogspot.com; designed to help grandparents reach out to their grandchildren, so that closing the miles equals smiles.  Make a connection again, and let your grandkids know you are thinking of them.  If you consider making a physical card, you are remembering how wonderful it used to be to receive REAL MAIL from friends and family.  It’s a dying art, so I hope you’ll help keep the tradition alive!

Also find me on Instagram at cj.hampton.  Thanks.

Cookies are enabled per BlogSpot.  Continue only if you accept cookies!










No comments:

Post a Comment