Friday, October 21, 2016

No-Cost Ideas for Halloween

Good Friday (10.21.16) morning!  This is your last week to be thinking of costumes. Today's freebies will help you get no-cost ideas for Halloween.


I was skimming my way through the 10.10.16 edition of Woman’s World when I found GET NO-COST HALLOWEEN HELP (page 24).

I started checking out the Halloween help websites right away.  I was hooked!

The link did not work on the first one, so I shortened it:  Sewing Support dot com.  This sites has lots of FREE tutorials and patterns, but the one I liked actually went to the site:  TheStitchingScientist.com.  (Remora).  She was the maker of the Gypsy Doll I so admired.

My daughter sews, and I kind of snagged the website for her, but I like to do graphics, so I did one based on her gypsy pillow design.  It is just too adorable!

I also loved, “How to make a Sock Snowman”, “Simple Table Runner” (so colorful), “Easy Fat Quarter Quilt Top with Free Patterns”, “Doll Face Circle Pouch with Free Pattern”, and the “Pleated Peekaboo Skirt” OH MY!  Love it!

So darling is the Baby Dress, 6 to 9 months with free pattern.

All I can say is you have to check out this site, if you sew.  Wonderful for inspiration!
Again.  THAT SITE IS:  TheStitchingScientist.com/tutorials.

As we women perform our hobbies, we speak volumes to our kids and grandkids.  If we involve them in the process, they eventually copy us or find their own way in their own art endeavors.  Be someone who inspires your children and grandchildren!

Onto my own offerings today.  Just right click and save to your own computer.  Put a copy of my card in the folders you build, and you’ll always know where you got the graphics.  And, of course, it’s there for you to SHARE! SHARE! SHARE!


The graphics:  Halloween Treats (good for a card); Announcement card blank and an example features Coolest-Homemade-Costumes.com (you have to see the baby coffin stroller); the blank for this website, and the blank flower to put your message on (it was featured first today at the top).  The last three items are quick frames.  Enjoy!




I did a search for Columbus OH + events and came up with https://www.experiencecolumbus.com/events/festivals-annual-events/.

I used to live near the short north, so I see that tonight, Oct 21, and tomorrow, the 22nd, they have an event called HighBall.  They’re shutting High Street down for these two nights, much like my own neighborhood did with two streets for our annual potluck.  These things are always so much fun!

And they’re inviting you to bring your best costumes to the scene!  How exciting!

We have an Escape Room in Columbus at 1415 E. Dublin-Granville Road, called Buckeye Escape Room.  614-781-1995, website:  http://www.buckeyeescaperoom.com/

Friday, today; Oct. 20, 2016, they have an all-day affair starting at 12:00 a.m.  Yikes!

It’s called the Crazy Cat Lady Escape Room.  Sounds fascinating! 

When did this extraordinary thing happen?? This sounds like something I’d really enjoy.  It’s only for one and one-half hours to do the game.  $27 per person (week days) and 29 per person (weekends).
 
Purchase tickets online for you or a group.  There are 12 total people in a game room, so if you have four in your group, you will be placed with 8 others, if they are available.  Arrive 15 minutes early.  You all work together to figure out clues given to you to escape from the game room.

I dare say I could do this as it doesn’t appear to be “sport” inclined, only brain-powered!  It sounds like an amazing time.

By looking at their events calendar, I can see they have several games that day.  Crazy Cat Lady Escape Room, Crime Scene Investigator, and Lockdown Haunted Prison Escape Room.  These repeat all through the month and into November.  Wow!  This would make a wonderful Christmas Event Gift.

If you’re 15, you can go, too, and in a private group that you pay for all 12 people, younger children may go, also.  Looks like that would be approximately $360.00.

Now onto the rest of the graphics:




Just right click and save to your computer.  All graphics are made by me!

Okay!  That’s it for today’s graphics.  Use them with some pre-made cards and envelopes, and your cards will just take a minute to get together.

Remember to grab my card!

I’d appreciate any and all comments.  Please take a moment to leave one below.  And thanks!

Cj @ Grannies Print Shop.blogspot.com designs are to help grandparents and grown children reach out to those they love.  Closing the miles equal smiles (on their faces and in their hearts).  Make a connection again by sending a physical card so others will feel the joy of receiving REAL MAIL. Don’t let letter-writing and card-sending wither and die.  Keep it alive with the help of these graphics!  Enjoy!!!

You can also find me on Instagram at cj.hampton.  Thanks.

COOKIES ARE ENABLED PER BLOGSPOT; CONTINUE ONLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT COOKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment