Monday, October 31, 2016

Thanks, Facebook, for Holiday Emoticons!

Good Monday (10.31.16) morning!  Thanks, Facebook, for holiday emoticons.  Everyone enjoys the informational, pictorial, tiny pictures that express what we feel and what we want to do!


I created Duggie (pronounced Do-gee) sometime this spring or summer, but actually I created his face years before, and he is in my tubes in my graphics program.  When I added the body, it was because he was a stick character with an awesome facial expression and simple to pose and repose as I wished.

As you know, I do a FB page for my family group.  I am scrapping all the pictures, on my computer and my physical pictures, that belong to all those in my family.  It takes a great deal of my early morning (starting around 1:30 am) and goes to just about noon every day.  By then, I am tired, and have already been working ten and a half hours.  Some days, it’s longer.

Like everyone, I’m captivated by Snapchat as well as emoticons, so Facebook did something I love with creating special Halloween emoticons!

Well, Duggie wanted to create his own emoticons for his own use, and I’m glad he did.  You can see them in the creation above.

Duggie’s feeling emoticons are: HIGH 5 instead of just LIKE.  His face picture with a heart behind for LOVE, OMG (his hands covering his eyes to push that feeling), Kiss this (remembering the song from several years ago) with him bent over and an arrow point to the kiss location, CRY with tears streaming down his face for sad, and BS for a mad, mad Duggie.

Duggie’s LIKE is OK! Nonchalant-style, his COMMENT is “Let’s Talk!”, TEXT ME with a small text box and talk balloons inside, RIP (NOT on line) is an action for not responding at all (no FB symbol for this) and is just to add humor, and that’s a trash basket which a lot of older people recognize for junk mail and always called the basket File 13, and IT IS FILED!  I thought of making a SHARE icon, with Duggie flying a folded paper airplane with the words SHARED IN THE SKY (or cloud or something).

Basically just having a good time playing … and sharing that with you.

By the way:  I want to apologize for NO post on last Friday.  I went to my daughters at about 1 pm, visited a bit, had another friend show up there so visited some more, and then came home.  My granddaughter said two things I want to remember: 

  While we were waiting on our visitor to arrive, E wanted to play the game we played last time I came  over.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have my money jars as they are H-E-A-V-Y.  So she did like the game!!!

  Second, as I was leaving, dear 6-year old E said, “I wish you lived here with us, Grandma!”  How sweet!

My daughter said she continued to talk about that for hours after I left.  Then texted me that she continued to talk several more days about it.  She sent me a webpage for Granny Pods that are small “tiny homes” you put in your backyard, and said, “Hey.  We need this!”  Ha!  Ha!  She’s right!!!

As I left, I realized I needed to get some gasoline for the car, but my stomach was queasy and I had a headache, so I went straight home.  A fever started, I got the chills and covered myself with lots of blankets in bed, and had sciatica in both cheeks and both legs and it was flaming!  I couldn’t eat or even consider eating.  I couldn’t concentrate on TV and kept falling asleep because even my eyes hurt.  This went on for 2 days, and then the “runs” joined in.  This was an embarrassing addition.

By Saturday, I made myself get up and walk around as the fever and chills were gone, but still had the headache, nausea, diarrhea, and just plain “pooped” (ahem).  I thought it would also help my legs hurt less.  I also forced a little food inside me.

I also had some pain pills from earlier this year, and I took 2 or 3 of those over the first two days.  The pain in my legs and cheeks were awful!

By Sunday, I was back to being normal.

So, I couldn’t do much while I was OUT … so I had to let the post go for that day.  Please forgive me.

Onto my own FREE offerings today.  Just right click and save to your own computer.  Put a copy of my card in the folders you build, and you’ll always know where you got the graphics.  And, of course, it’s there for you to SHARE! SHARE! SHARE!


Just right click and save to your computer.  All graphics are made by me!

Today’s graphics are: Duggie Thanks Facebook for Holiday Emoticons (picture at top), Tonight’s the night on Black, Tonight’s the Night behind frame, Cj Snapchat behind frame, Little Monster card front, red eye, Stop for A Spell card, BOO card, Boo Ghost card.









Okay!  That’s it for today’s graphics.  Use them with some pre-made cards and envelopes, and your cards will just take a minute to get together. (I hate to see Halloween end….).

Remember to grab my card!

I’d appreciate any and all comments.  Please take a moment to leave one below.  And thanks!

Cj @ Grannies Print Shop.blogspot.com designs are to help grandparents and grown children reach out to those they love.  Closing the miles equal smiles (on their faces and in their hearts).  Make a connection again by sending a physical card so others will feel the joy of receiving REAL MAIL. Don’t let letter-writing and card-sending wither and die.  Keep it alive with the help of these graphics!  Enjoy!!!

You can also find me on Instagram at cj.hampton.  Thanks.

COOKIES ARE ENABLED PER BLOGSPOT; CONTINUE ONLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT COOKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment