Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Were Grannies Games Successful?

Good Wednesday (10.12.16) morning!  Well.  Were Grannies games successful?  Stay tuned.  (The 9 graphics today can be used many ways.  Share the possibilities with your family, too!


I made a bunch of graphics below to help you scrap out whatever you’re working on this week.  I hope you’ll use them.


There are five quick frames today, and 1 card front (see above), two quote cards, and 1 border for the quick frames.


Well; do tell!  Were grannie’s games successful?  Oh my!


I told you Monday that I was babysitting for my six-year granddaughter that afternoon.  I had made up several games to keep her occupied.


Great plans, right?  My heart and head were in the right place.


It turns out that my oldest granddaughter was also home when I got there.  And her boyfriend, too!


The two oldest were upstairs and my youngest granddaughter kept going up there.  At one point, I heard her older sister say, “Please go downstairs.  Grandma is down there alone.”


The response took me by surprise.  “I don’t want to go downstairs; it’s boring down there!”


Ah!  To be so loved as a grandparent.  Old is old, I guess.  (My daughter later told me, “Sorry, mom.  You will NEVER top her older sister.”  They are 10 years apart and E adores T.)


She was excited when I arrived and knocked on the door.  I got the hugs around the hips, and the “Hi, Grandma! I thought it was you.”


She had been watching television upstairs, so after collecting her candy bag, she went back upstairs to finish her show.  (Also packed one for T and J as I found out before I left home that they would also be there.)


I arrived a little early, so I could visit with my daughter before she left.  She yelled upstairs, “Just finish that one show, E, as grandma’s here.”  Then she told me, “I only allow her so much time with TV each day.”


My daughter left for her appointment, and E’s show ended, so she finally came downstairs.  I told her about the game of Grannie’s Hangman, and she had no clue to what Hangman was at all.  This is an introductory version of it for really young children, so she could advance later to the original game.


We played and I explained the rules as we went.  She caught on pretty quick.  If your turn lost, you get to collect a penny.  If your turn wins, you get to collect three pennies.  She was collecting a lot of pennies.


Finally, the older kids came downstairs, and the boyfriend went off to work.  T was there because it was Columbus Day, so school was out.


T joined in the game.  It was only a short time when her phone rang, and J, her boyfriend was coming back.  The huge shipment expected that day did not come in, and he’d left his wallet behind, too, so when they offered him the day off, he took it.


J got back, and believe it or not, he joined in, too!


All was going fine.  Suddenly, E, my youngest granddaughter dropped out of the game, but T, J, and I continued to play 2 or 3 games.


At the end, we turned our pennies in for nickels, dimes, and quarters.


Suddenly, mom was back home.


We didn’t get to play any of the other games.  E went off to do what she does, which is mostly singing and dancing, but coming back with a million questions.  Dear daughter and I sat and visited as she hoped I’d stay awhile and talk.


“Grandma,” my granddaughter said, “Why did you only bring me 4 candies in a bag?”  (Now, I normally only take 4, so I don’t know why this prompted this question after so many years.)


“It’s was a normally bring you,” I replied.


“But what about other days?” she questioned.


“It’s just for today” I stated.


Her mom looked at her and asked, “How many candies did you want Grandma to bring you?”


There was no response.


So really.  I did have a good time, and her mother asked if I would come back when she had her next appointment.  I said sure.


By the way, the candies I take are miniature candy bars.  This time, I took 2 of those, and 2 small lunch packs of jellied fruits.  She did tell me she loved the jellied fruits.  (Memo to myself for next time.)


Also she is very limited in what candy she will eat.  Nothing with nuts.  Nothing with coconut.  No dark chocolate.  She likes milk chocolates and anything peanut butter and chocolate.  And jellied fruits.  Oh; and no caramel.

So now … onto the graphics!









Just right click and save to your computer.  All graphics are made by me!

Okay!  That’s it for today’s graphics.  Use them with some pre-made cards and envelopes, and your cards will just take a minute to get together.

Please take a minute to save and print my card so you know where you got the graphics.  Just add it the folder.  It’s ready to go to send out with the things you made or to share with others who might be interested in picking up the graphics.  Share!  Share!  Share!



I’d appreciate any and all comments.  Please take a moment to leave one below.  And thanks!

Cj @ Grannies Print Shop.blogspot.com designs are to help grandparents and grown children reach out to those they love.  Closing the miles equal smiles (on their faces and in their hearts).  Make a connection again by sending a physical card so others will feel the joy of receiving REAL MAIL. Don’t let letter-writing and card-sending wither and die.  Keep it alive with the help of these graphics!  Enjoy!!!

You can also find me on Instagram at cj.hampton.  Thanks.

COOKIES ARE ENABLED PER BLOGSPOT; CONTINUE ONLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT COOKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment