Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Cards Great for Camp


Good Wednesday morning to you!

Text cards or regular cards are great for your kids or grandkids at camp.

Are you a grandparent that likes to keep a daily journal?  If you do it faithfully, you have a passion for writing and keeping memories.

I have months where I keep a detailed journal.  Other months, I just don’t do it.  I’ve done this over the years.

I love going back through the months I kept.  I re-read the information of each day.

One time, my husband said, “What was happening on this particular day?”

Lucky for me, that was during a month I journaled.  I was able to go back and pull it up and tell him what was happening.  It was wonderful.

I loved writing so much that when my kids went off to camp for a week during the summer, I wrote letters for each day they were gone.  Since I knew where they were going, I started sending them out a few days before they left, and figured how many letters to send before coming home.

They found this amazing.  Frankly, so did I.

But they loved getting the mail.  So many others did not get mail, and were envious of my kids.

Text cards or regular cards also catch the eye of your loved ones, and the others that come into contact with them.  The mailman notices those, “Cute little envelopes they pick up every so often.”  Yep!



A PDF is available upon request.  Leave a comment, but email me at cjz phone at gmail dot com, and request the 8.10.16 pfd.  It should arrive within 24 hours.  If not, leave me another comment.

Here’s the breakdown to use this card.

Since there is a pdf for this set, you can get it.  The work is done for you.  But to do it yourself, just follow the instructions below.

HOW TO USE THESE GRAPHICS: To size it how you want it, right click on the picture and choose save as.  Save it to a location on your computer so you can find it.

Now open a new Word document.  Go to the Insert tab and choose picture.  Find the saved picture on your computer and insert it into Word.

When you click on the new image, you’ll see the four corners have little squares.  You can grab any corner and drag it to the size you wish.

Now you can right click and copy this new size, and paste it under that picture on the beginning of a new line. 

Makes several copies different sizes, and print them. 

Choose the size that works with the picture of your card recipient.  Cut and glue them in, and you’ve got a card or text card.

 If you’re enjoying this blog, please let your friends and family know by giving them a card below.  You can also give them my url to the date of this blog where it posted.  If you send this out as a card, remember to include my card with it.

Thanks for your time.  See you again on FRIDAY!

Enjoy!  Please consider leaving a comment below.  As a thank you, I’ll send you a copy of my COLOR MY WAY THROUGH MY PERSONAL JOURNAL: Thirty-one Pages to Get a Little More ME Time.  Please email me your valid email address to receive it.  (This will also put you on my email list.  But don’t worry.  I won’t share or sell your email with anyone else.  I respect your privacy.)



My email is cjzphone at gmail dot com.

Cj at Grannies Print Shop.blogspot.com; designed to help grandparents reach out to their grandchildren, so that closing the miles equals smiles.  Make a connection again, and let your grandkids know you are thinking of them.  If you consider making a physical card, you are remembering how wonderful it used to be to receive REAL MAIL from friends and family.  It’s a dying art, so I hope you’ll help keep the tradition alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment