Monday, August 8, 2016

Fractal Cards for Sharing with Your Grandchildren


Good Monday morning!

Fractals are basically math generated pictures.  I use a FREE program called Tierazon.  I found the program here:  http://fractalarts.com/ASF/Tutor1.html, and you can see, he has some tutorials to start you out.

The tutorials are wonderful.  I’ve learned a lot from them.  I’ve also learned some functions that are not in the tutorials.

If you download the program and follow his tutorials, and come to any “hiccups” in the program, shoot me an email, and I’ll try to help you, and share what I know.

Maybe a tutorial on this one day would be good.  If you think so, please put a request in comments.

What I like about fractals is the depth of their colors.  They add so much to my envelopes and cards.  So far, you’ve only seen one envelope that was posted, but eventually, I will put up some fractal envelopes.

I used this card for a text card.  This is a fractal card.  I designed it, took a picture, and then texted it to my granddaughter.  (The bunny is in place of her picture.  I like to protect her privacy online.)




Here’s the breakdown to use this card.

HOW TO USE THESE GRAPHICS: To size it how you want it, right click on the picture and choose save as.  Save it to a location on your computer so you can find it.

Now open a new Word document.  Go to the Insert tab and choose picture.  Find the saved picture on your computer and insert it into Word.

When you click on the new image, you’ll see the four corners have little squares.  You can grab any corner and drag it to the size you wish.

Now you can right click and copy this new size, and paste it under that picture on the beginning of a new line. 

Makes several copies different sizes, and print them. 

Choose the size that works with the picture of your card recipient.  Cut and glue them in, and you’ve got a card or text card.

If you’d like to put the pieces together yourself, try these.  Just follow the instructions already given for saving them and printing them out.



If you’re enjoying this blog, please let your friends and family know by giving them a card below.  You can also give them my url to the date of this blog where it posted.  If you send this out as a card, remember to include my card with it.


Thanks for your time.  See you again on WEDNESDAY!

Enjoy!  Please consider leaving a comment below.  As a thank you, I’ll send you a copy of my COLOR MY WAY THROUGH MY PERSONAL JOURNAL: Thirty-one Pages to Get a Little More ME Time.  Please email me your valid email address to receive it.  (This will also put you on my email list.  But don’t worry.  I won’t share or sell your email with anyone else.  I respect your privacy.)




My email is cjzphone at gmail dot com.

Cj at Grannies Print Shop.blogspot.com; designed to help grandparents reach out to their grandchildren, so that closing the miles equals smiles.  Make a connection again, and let your grandkids know you are thinking of them.  If you consider making a physical card, you are remembering how wonderful it used to be to receive REAL MAIL from friends and family.  It’s a dying art, so I hope you’ll help keep the tradition alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment