Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Labor Day is Monday

Good Wednesday morning!



Labor Day is next Monday!  Summer is winding down.  Do you have plans?

If you do, remember to take your camera to capture lots of shots of the people you like and love.

It’s a great get-together time for all.

Set your camera to “burst” and get a series of shots while your friends and family are going through their normal routines of visiting and having fun.  Then choose the ones that capture their personalities and share the pictures with them in a card!

What great keepsakes these will make!  They will have wonderful times going through them in future years.

Start doing it this year, and then each year after.  Then put the pictures in a pdf and email or mail them on a disk.

Start being the “keeper” of family fun times!  You will always be on their party list!

Take these offerings today and save them for scrapping each card.

My purpose here on this blog is simply to share some tools to make it easier to make cards of your own to send out to your grandchildren, moms, or friends.  If you need some communication tools, I’ve already done the creative work, and made a template for you to use.  I hope you do use them.

And now, onto the REAL SHARING.

Here is one template for one today.  Use it to insert your own picture.



 
This one is an example using an old picture of me at Halloween as Kiss.
 
 
 

 
 
I made three sets of stickers today. 
These are great to add to your cards or to use in your scrapbooking projects.
*Also check 8.22.16's post for four Funky Punk Critter stickers.
 
Set 1.  I used the first one in one of the pictures today.
 
Set 2.
 
Set 3.
 

This is just a little extra fun.

I’ve been working on sketching boxes and round objects.  I have quite a few now.  This would be great for the kids to color on Labor Day.

Adults can jazz it up with adding patterns and shading.  Try some repeating patterns.  Do a search for “zentangle” or “doodles” or “repeating patterns."

To make creating easier, you can buy blank cards with envelopes.  I use those from time-to-time, when I need a quick card in a hurry.

 If you’d like to take the next step, and need tools to do it; look no further.  Go on!  Just right click, copy, save as, and start your journey today!  Put a smile on faces.  Erase the miles between you.  It’s fun!  And now, it’s so easy.

If you take the challenge, here's my card to pass around, to send out with physical cards, and just to share, share, share! Help spread the word.  It’s totally free.

 
For ways to use these graphics, please check the first two weeks of posts.       
I’d appreciate any and all comments, and you can pick up my free journal coloring book by sending me an email to cjzphone at gmail dot com.  Allow 24 hours for a response.
 
 
If you have trouble posting, try several times.  It took me a few times, and others have said that it was hard for them to post.  You can also reach me at my personal email address, which is cjhampton at wideopenwest dot com.  (You might also try right clicking on the comment to see if that brings it up.)
Have a terrific weekend, and see you Wednesday.
Cj at Grannies Print Shop.blogspot.com; designed to help grandparents reach out to their grandchildren, so that closing the miles equals smiles.  Make a connection again, and let your grandkids know you are thinking of them.  If you consider making a physical card, you are remembering how wonderful it used to be to receive REAL MAIL from friends and family.  It’s a dying art, so I hope you’ll help keep the tradition alive!
Also find me on Intagram at cj.hampton.  Thanks.
Cookies are enabled per BlogSpot.  Continue only if you accept cookies!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment